Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Scene from "ISU Twist"

The Headmaster of the Big Ten Orphanage hears a faint knock coming the large, oaken front doors. He walks over, opens the one on his left, looks around, but does not see anyone.

A very small voice from below says, "Please, sir, may I come in?"

The Headmaster looks down, sees a small boy child and booms, "WHO ARE YOU, CHILD?"

Wincing, the boy child replies, "My name is Iowa State and I need a home. The Big Twelve Academy just closed down and I no longer have a place to live. May I stay here?"

The Headmaster looks disdainfully upon the boy, rubs his chin, then lets out an audible grunt.

The child asks, "If it may please your lordship, sir, may I come in?"

"IN, YOU WANT IN?" booms the Headmaster. "I SAY NAY, NAY TO YOU, CHILD! GO AWAY AND NEVER DARKEN OUR DOORS EVER AGAIN, EVER!"

The Headmaster slams the door shut in the child's face. The child walks slowly away, whimpering.

"Oh, woe is me. Who will take me in now?" utters Iowa State. "I think I will never have a home ever again!"

The whimpering boy shuffles slowly into the foggy night, never to be heard from again.

* * *

Is this the way ISU athletics ends up, or do we take control of own fate and do something positive? I'm with Paul Clark of CycloneReport.com, be aggressive and dominate any future conference ISU ends up in. I, for one, do not want ISU athletics ending up in irrelevancy for all time. What will probably be done to us ISU fans is nothing short of unconscionable. Anger and betrayal are perfectly suitable emotions in this case. Let's use these emotions as motivations to aggressively "poach" good schools from other conferences and rebuild the Big 12 conference with those schools who were left out along with ISU. I believe reforming the conference is our best option at this time. Let's go for it!

No comments: