Wednesday, November 19, 2008

What a Long Season for My Cyclones

Well, here we are approaching the last game of the 2008 football season. Who'd a thunk our team would have only two wins by now and not favored to win on the road this Saturday. Not me, no, I felt this team was good enough for at least three wins by now and favored to win their fourth. I know our team is loaded with sophomores and freshmen, but I thought the talent was there not to finish as the worst team in the Big12 Conference. I'm not going to get down on the coaching staff, yet. But, there needs to be a definite improvement on the won-lost record next year, or I will question the AD's decision to hire a new football team head coach when one was in place that had success in the past. If there is any improvement from last year's team, it certainly is not reflected in the won-lost record. We'll see next year how Coach Chizik and staff work things out for a better won-lost record. BTW, in an unfortunate circumstance for my Cyclones, the Big12 is the best football conference in the country this year. I'm sure that fact played a large role in the Cyclone's weak record this year.

No comments: